CHAII!!! See what B.Haram Did To Buratai’s Village After He Boasted That They Can No Longer Cordinate Attacks

Buratai-n-Boko-Shekau-
Nigeria’s chief of army staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai has assured residents of the north-east that 2016 will be a more peaceful year for them because Boko Haram “can no longer coordinate any attacks”.He gave the assurance on Thursday after his operational visits to troops locations in parts of Borno and Yobe states.

However, contrary to the COAS’s claims, members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, on Friday night, stormed the village of Kimba in Gur ward of Biu Local Government Area of Borno State, killing 13 people and abducting eight others.

The attack, which took place at about 8:30 p.m., was said to be the sixth in that area lately.

“They burnt down our houses, killed our brothers and abducted our women and a child. We are close to Sabon Gari and there are soldiers there, but they could not come to our rescue.

“Many people were wounded. About 17 are currently being treated in Biu. We have lost 13 people and they took eight with them.” Umar Sani, a resident, told Tribune Online on phone.

According to him, the Boko Haram militant invaded the village in their usual characteristics chanting “Allahu Akbar!”

“We were about visiting one of our relations whose son got married when we heard gunshots and thought the soldiers were the ones shooting, but it persisted. At that time, they were just coming into the village, and before we could understand what was happening, they were already setting houses ablaze and we began to run for our lives,” he added.

“I slept in Sabon Gari. We informed the soldiers, but they did not go to the village until this morning. For now, I can confirm to you that 13 people were killed and eight people were abducted, seven women and one boy,” he added

Buratai was reported to have said that within the time frame given by President Muhammadu Buhari, joint forces had decimated Boko Haram and substantially destroyed its enclaves on Nigerian territory.

“Going by the present pace and momentum of the military operation, no insurgent or group will be able operate freely by 2016,” he said.

“Since Mr President’s mandate, we have done a lot to defeat these criminals; we have degraded them in such a manner that they can no longer hold any ground in our country.

“They can no longer coordinate any attacks; we will, in the coming few days, completely close in on them, so the outlook for 2016 is bright. I want to assure Nigerians, especially the Northeast, that 2016 will be more peaceful.”

Buratai said that the military would consolidate on the successes recorded in the operations so far, stressing that there would be no room for the insurgents to operate henceforth.

At the army brigade in Biu and the armed forces special forces battalion stationed in Buratai town, the army chief conveyed the president’s congratulatory message to the troops for meeting the deadline.

He said that the president was pleased with the successes recorded, especially in meeting the timeline in fighting insurgency. But he urged them not to be complacent, saying the insurgents would employ desperate measures to survive the onslaught by the military.

At the base of 21 Brigade deployed from Damaturu to Buni Yadi, Buratai commended the soldiers for their efforts in curbing the activities of the insurgents in the area.

He urged the troops to remain alert and make good use of available equipment for the operations.

The chief of army staff reiterated the commitment of the army and other relevant authorities to providing the necessary logistics to enable troops sustain the momentum.

Buratai, who held durbars in all the locations visited, also addressed issues raised by soldiers and officers.

Some of the soldiers who spoke at the durbar expressed their desire to end the counter-insurgency operations and return home as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, few days ago, Boko Haram gunmen launched a dawn raid, on the home town of Army chief, Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, triggering a fierce gunbattle with troops, residents of a nearby village to which people fled the clashes said.

There was no immediate report of casualties in the fighting in Buratai, Borno State.

Abubakar Umar, a resident of the nearby hamlet of Miringa, told AFP that the fighting began at 5:00 am after Boko Haram insurgents attacked the village.

“At one point, we could hear explosions coming from the direction of Buratai,” he said.

Troops reinforcements from a military base in the town of Biu, 30 kilometres from Buratai, were seen passing through Miringa.

“Nine trucks conveying soldiers and another four carrying local hunters drove through our village towards Buratai and from what we hear more are on their way,” said Shitu Ayuba, another resident.

Some Buratai residents had fled to Miringa, where they took shelter in a primary school, locals said.

Buratai and nearby villages have been repeatedly targeted in deadly raids by the Islamist insurgents since June, when the army chief assumed office.

Residents believe the attacks are in response to recent military gains against the jihadists under the army chief.

President Muhammadu Buhari has given the military a December 31 deadline to crush the jihadist uprising that has killed some 17,000 and displaced around 2.6 million people since 2009.

Penultimate Saturday, Boko Haram killed 30 people and injured 20 others in raids on three villages near Buratai.

Also the insurgents killed 14 people, some of whom were decapitated, when they raided Kamuya village, the hometown of Buratai’s mother and burnt it down.

Facebook Comments

You may also like...

%d bloggers like this: